I had the pleasure of talking with Jesse Stay of SocialToo.com and author of Google+ For Dummies and Facebook Application Development For Dummies. It was such an amazing conversation that I wish I would have skyped and recorded it to be able to share with everyone instead of my bullet point notes. He is a truly amazing author and knowledgeable social media pro that I had the pleasure of speaking with. ( You can tell by my picture how excited I was to talk with him)
What makes someone stand out to you in this industry?
There are a lot of “Self Proclaimed Experts”
* Someone who has a lot of clients and experience to back up what they are saying
* They look at the whole picture. Not just getting people to the site, or to follow or like, but rather the full experience of the user
* Mass following is easy, but the questions is whats the goal? Whats a conversion? Its not always just money
With SERP’s getting so personalized where do you see SEO’s playing a role?
* SEO still has a place, don’t give it up, and make sure to optimize your pages. But look towards Social
* Trusted friendships and an identity tells you a lot more than keywords and links, which is why I see Social becoming more valuable
Worth it for small biz owners to be on FB, Twitter, G+?
* Embrace social media, you can get alot of feed back from your visitors
* Allow people to see and identify with your company (who the CEO is, how you work, pre-views of what your working)
Your Comments, Where’s The Future Of SEO?
Would like to hear from you what you think about the future of SEO. Will on site and off site still be highly relevant compared to social signals or voted on web results?