What Is the New Hulu Ad Swap
I love Hulu because it keeps me up to date with my comedy staples† like The Office, Modern Family,† and Community. This week when i was getting caught up I noticed that Hulu has changed how it does commercials. Before I would have to sit through whatever ad they had scheduled and if i got bored i could click on the button that asked “is this ad relevant to you?”
Now Hulu has given viewers the option to “Swap”† commercials.† So if you are really sick of seeing Viagra or tampon commercials you now have the power to swap it to something else. The picture below shows what Hulu’s new ad swap† looks like.
- Able to choose commercials/products they actually want to watch
- Avoid awkward gender specific products
- New variety of commercials, instead of the same one† played over and over during the† show
What Hulu’s Ad Swap Means For Advertisers
- Can have commercials seen across several different shows
- Better analytics of which shows that have viewers most interested in there products
- Need to produce better commercials that viewers will actually want to view
What Is The Future Of† Commercials?
Does this mean that all commercials are going to have to evolve to Super Bowl status so that people will select and watch their commercial over their competitors? Will people be able to find a way around the commercials, like a online Tivo which decreases the effectiveness of the commercials?
Where do you see brands pushing commercials in the future?